Kidney & urinary tract disorders
Kidney disease, what should you know?
What is kidney disease?
Diseases of the kidneys range from mild infection to life-threatening kidney failure. The kidneys may be damaged by exposure to certain toxins or drugs, including heavy metals, solvents, chemotherapy agents, insect or snake venom, poisonous mushrooms, and certain pesticides. Impaired kidney function can also accompany or result from many other disorders including diabetes, hypertension, lupus, and liver disease
It is estimated that 10% of people worldwide have chronic kidney disease. In South Africa the annual incidence of end stage renal failure is roughly estimated to be 200-400 patients per 1 million of the population. This translates to 2 to 4 people out of 10 000 of the population that will go into kidney failure every year. In SA this means that up to about 19 000 people will experience kidney failure and these are the people that would need dialysis with the hope of finding a suitable donor for a kidney transplant (National Kidney Association of South Africa).
Prevention and treatment
Paramount to good care of the kidneys is reducing the toxic load they have to deal with, especially proteins and chemical contaminants which can build up in the kidneys, slowing their function, increasing acidity and raising blood pressure.
- Consider lightening the diet - instead of eating meat every day, try going vegetarian for a day or so a week. A vegetable/fruit-based diet allows the body system to alkalinize via the kidneys, lowering blood pressure, and contributing to a sense of well-being.
- Drink enough water so that the urine is a light color of yellow.
- The regular use of a kidney cleansing and rebuilding formula (such as Cellfood and Cellfood Longevity) is now mandatory considering the stresses we put our kidneys under thanks to our lifestyles.
- An oxygen mineral supplement like Cellfood® is rapidly absorbed by the body. It assists with tissue oxygenation, thus aiding in the repair of damaged tissues
- Cellfood® is a powerful antioxidant (contains selenium, germanium, amongst others), boosting the immune system, and will therefore restrict free radical damage in people with kidney problems. It also assist the body with detox thereby lessening the load on the kidneys
- Cellfood® contains amino acids including L -arginine - a precursor in the production of nitric oxide, a potent vasodilator in the vascular system – will help reduce blood pressure.
Vitamins B6, B12 and folic acid as contained in this supplement are inversely associated with levels of homocysteine, which is an important risk factor for heart disease, stroke, and diabetes (leading to kidney problems). Longevity will also assist with DNA and tissue repair.